Search for missing Essex 82-year-old suspended after man’s body found in Sible Hedingham
- Credit: Archant
The search for missing Leaden Roding man Gordon Wilson has been suspended following the discovery of a man’s body in a wooded area in Sible Hedingham at the weekend.
The body was found by a member of the public at around 1.45pm on Saturday (January 23) and the death is not being treated as suspicious.
The formal identification and post-mortem examination is expected to take place today.
Mr Wilson, 82, went missing from his home in Leaden Roding on Sunday, October 25, and the vascular dementia sufferer was believed to have been seen walking in Sible Hedingham between 2pm and 4pm the same day.
Mr Wilson’s two daughters Lesley Rankin, 54, and Gillian Wilson, 49, told the Broadcast two weeks ago that they would not stop in the search for their father and remained committed to finding him.
You may also want to watch:
A Facebook group was launched by Sible Hedingham residents and a further search was organised for Saturday, January 30, but that search has now been cancelled.
Many tributes were posted on the Find Gordon Wilson social media page, with one member commenting: “Much love to his family. We’ve been looking every time we walked the dogs since he went missing. Finally they’ll be able to get closure on this.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Mr Wilson, who was a former headteacher at Shawlands Academy in Glasgow, moved to Essex 11 and a half years ago with wife Sybil to be closer to their three grandchildren.