Search launched for man over suspected arson attack on Colchester Go Outdoors store
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a suspected arson attack on the Go Outdoors store in Colchester this morning.
Essex Police was called at around 2.20am to reports of a disturbance between two men outside the camping store in Petrolea Close.
A fire was started close to the store, which quickly spread to the building and damaged some stock.
Essex Fire and Rescue quickly attended to stop the fire from spreading.
It is not yet clear how much stock was damaged because of the fire.
You may also want to watch:
An Essex Police spokesman said officers at the scene arrested a man at the scene on suspicion of arson.
The other man has not yet been found.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Police are urging anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area, or has any information which can help police in their investigation to contact them on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.