Junk models, puppets and treasure at annual church holiday club
- Credit: Archant
Crafts, stories, songs, games, drama and puppet sketches were enjoyed by youngsters as they visited Psalm Tree Island, a fictional land where things weren’t always what they seemed.
Up to 45 children a day took part in the event, the annual holiday club at Seaton Road Methodist Church in Felixstowe.
The week was based around Bible stories of the life of David and included the chance to create some spectacular junk models and take part in team challenges to find some treasure.
The children were divided into different teams: The Cheeky Chimps, The Perfect Parrots, The Terrific Turtles, The Lively Lizards, The Spectacular Spiders and the Amazing Alligators, bringing an element of competition to the activities.
A variety of crafts included making treasure boxes, decorating biscuits, creating turtles and making jumping crabs and seahorses. The children also really enjoyed the various team games, taking part with great enthusiasm and all keen to win.
Robin and Mary Pattinson, two of the leaders for the week, said “It was great seeing the children really enjoying themselves and all joining in so well; they were all fantastic.”
The holiday club is repeated at Trinity Methodist Church, from August 20-24 – to book contact Wendy on 01394 276595
- 1 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 2 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 3 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 4 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 5 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 6 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 9 Lorry carrying mobile unit pulled over on A14 for being too wide
- 10 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
Children’s activities are held in the Felixstowe Methodist Mission Area throughout the year – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.