Junk models, puppets and treasure at annual church holiday club
- Credit: Archant
Crafts, stories, songs, games, drama and puppet sketches were enjoyed by youngsters as they visited Psalm Tree Island, a fictional land where things weren’t always what they seemed.
Up to 45 children a day took part in the event, the annual holiday club at Seaton Road Methodist Church in Felixstowe.
The week was based around Bible stories of the life of David and included the chance to create some spectacular junk models and take part in team challenges to find some treasure.
The children were divided into different teams: The Cheeky Chimps, The Perfect Parrots, The Terrific Turtles, The Lively Lizards, The Spectacular Spiders and the Amazing Alligators, bringing an element of competition to the activities.
A variety of crafts included making treasure boxes, decorating biscuits, creating turtles and making jumping crabs and seahorses. The children also really enjoyed the various team games, taking part with great enthusiasm and all keen to win.
You may also want to watch:
Robin and Mary Pattinson, two of the leaders for the week, said “It was great seeing the children really enjoying themselves and all joining in so well; they were all fantastic.”
The holiday club is repeated at Trinity Methodist Church, from August 20-24 – to book contact Wendy on 01394 276595
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
Children’s activities are held in the Felixstowe Methodist Mission Area throughout the year – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.