Second arrest following ‘scaffolding pole’ attack on man who challenged teens in Chelmsford
- Credit: IAN BURT
Two teenagers have been arrested by police investigating an attack on a 43-year-old man who was headbutted and hit with a scaffolding pole after challenging a group of youths in an Essex street.
The assault took place in Noakes Avenue, Great Baddow, near Chelmsford.
An 18-year-old male, from Chelmsford, was arrested on Saturday, November 7, on suspicion of assault and has been bailed pending further police enquiries until Tuesday, January 5.
A 17-year-old male, also from Chelmsford, was arrested this morning on suspicion of conspiracy to commit GBH. He has been taken to Chelmsford police station for questioning.
The assault happened at around 7.30pm on Monday, October 26, when the victim challenged a group of around 20 youths gathered behind houses in the street. He was headbutted by one of the youths, then hit with a scaffolding pole by another, leaving him with a broken nose and fractured cheekbone.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has any information, is asked to contact Dc Karyn Daniels at Chelmsford CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview