Woman is arrested in Clacton murder probe
- Credit: Archant
A second arrest has been made by police as they investigate the murder of a man in Clacton.
The man’s body was found in a flat in Station Road just before 7am on Boxing Day after the fire service were called to a blaze there.
Police attended and launched a murder investigation into the death of the man, who had been assaulted.
A 47-year-old man, of no fixed address, was arrested nearby on the afternoon of Wednesday, December 26, on suspicion of murder and remains in custody for questioning.
Now a 43-year-old woman, of no fixed address, has also been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in custody for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
The fire service were called to a blaze at about 6.25am on the morning of December 26 after reports of a smell of smoke in a communal corridor.
Crews from Clacton, Weeley and Frinton were sent to the scene and when firefighters arrived they reported there was a blaze contained to the living room of a third floor flat.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.