Huge fire in Sedge Fen at a ‘possible cannabis farm’
- Credit: Archant
A huge fire at a three-story warehouse in Sedge Fen is believed to be at a building being used as a cannabis farm, police officers have revealed.
Firefighters from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) were called to the scene of the fire at Aston’s Timber Yard, in Sedgefen Road, at around 2.55am today, Monday, April 8 and nine fire crews tackled the blaze.
According to a fire service spokesman, two fire engines, an aerial appliance and a water carrier from Suffolk were initially sent to fight the fire along with two engines from Cambridgeshire.
At the height of the blaze, nine fire engines - and 22 firefighters - were on scene fighting the fire.
It has now emerged that the police believe that the building may have been being used as a cannabis farm.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations into the cause of the fire are continuing.
A spokesman said the fire was in a three-storey wood store and that the third floor was “well alight”.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 10 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
He said: “It is a fire at a timber yard so it has taken some time to tackle due to the scale of the fire.
“It was a fire in a three-storey building measuring 30m by 15m in size.
“It was the third floor that was well alight.”