See how well you do in our World Book Day quiz
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Happy World Book Day - take our quiz to see how much you know about popular books.
Today marks the 21st World Book Day - it is a day dedicated to celebrating your favourite books and authors.
The day is celebrated in more than 100 countries around the world.
A tradition for the day is for children and teachers to go to school dressed as their favourite story book characters.
Children will also receive a special £1 book token which allows them to purchase a new book from a selected list of titles.
You may also want to watch:
The purpose of the day is to try and encourage people, children in particular, to read.
It is important to encourage your child to read as evidence suggests those that do read for fun develop a broader vocabulary and increased general knowledge.
- 1 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 2 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 5 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 6 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 8 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
See how well you do with our World Book Day, why not challenge your children too?