See how well you do in our World Book Day quiz
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Happy World Book Day - take our quiz to see how much you know about popular books.
Today marks the 21st World Book Day - it is a day dedicated to celebrating your favourite books and authors.
The day is celebrated in more than 100 countries around the world.
A tradition for the day is for children and teachers to go to school dressed as their favourite story book characters.
Children will also receive a special £1 book token which allows them to purchase a new book from a selected list of titles.
You may also want to watch:
The purpose of the day is to try and encourage people, children in particular, to read.
It is important to encourage your child to read as evidence suggests those that do read for fun develop a broader vocabulary and increased general knowledge.
- 1 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Family's heartfelt tribute to 'devoted mother' of four who died in crash
- 9 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 10 'For my mental and physical health I needed to take a break' - Thomas explains absence
See how well you do with our World Book Day, why not challenge your children too?