See how well you do in our World Book Day quiz
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Happy World Book Day - take our quiz to see how much you know about popular books.
Today marks the 21st World Book Day - it is a day dedicated to celebrating your favourite books and authors.
The day is celebrated in more than 100 countries around the world.
A tradition for the day is for children and teachers to go to school dressed as their favourite story book characters.
Children will also receive a special £1 book token which allows them to purchase a new book from a selected list of titles.
You may also want to watch:
The purpose of the day is to try and encourage people, children in particular, to read.
It is important to encourage your child to read as evidence suggests those that do read for fun develop a broader vocabulary and increased general knowledge.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 More snow could be on its way to Suffolk - but heavy rain expected first
- 3 Covid cases fall by a third in some parts of Suffolk and Essex
- 4 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 5 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 6 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 7 All over-80s in Suffolk to get vaccine within two weeks as rollout accelerates
- 8 Call for action to solve flooding problems in Suffolk villages
- 9 Incredible home with unprecedented views and access to River Stour for sale
- 10 Mapped: The neighbourhoods with the highest Covid infection rates
See how well you do with our World Book Day, why not challenge your children too?