See pet dog Dudley keep cool in his paddling pool
- Credit: Archant
As many pets find the hot weather hard to cope with, see our video of Dudley the dog cooling off in his paddling pool.
The adorable 19-month-old apricot cockapoo from Ipswich loves playing in the water.
Dudley’s owner, photographer Sarah Lucy Brown, said: “Dudley loves his paddling pool! He loves looking for his treats and toys and submerges his whole face in the water.
“We are walking him very early and late to avoid the heat. When we go to Christchurch Park, he runs straight to the water fountain and lies in it every time.
“I have been making him ice lollies as well which he really enjoys.”
You may also want to watch:
Here are some top tips for making sure dogs stay cool in the hot weather:
Never leave your pet alone in a car, as animals can grow dangerously hot very quickly.
- 1 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 6 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 10 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
Make sure dogs stay hydrated in the heat. Carry plenty of fresh water and a bowl with you - if you are visiting the beach, drinking salt water is not good for dogs and can make them sick.
Keep your dog cool and avoid heatstroke. On hot days, it’s best to walk your pet during the cooler times of day, such as early morning or evening.
Pale-coloured dogs can get sunburn, so it’s advisable to keep them out of the sun when it is at its strongest. It’s also possible to buy a sunscreen specifically made for dogs.