Self-employed man offers £1k for return of trailer stolen from Barningham home
- Credit: Archant
A west Suffolk man who lost his job in December is offering a reward of £1,000 for his stolen trailer which he said was an “integral” part of his start-up business.
Simon Brown, from Barningham, was at home when the 17-foot-long trailer was taken from his driveway in Hepworth Road on February 26 between 7pm and 9.30pm.
The 54-year-old said he used it to transport cars as part of his automotive business, which he set up after being made redundant from his account manager job on December 31.
He said the trailer, which would cost £2,000 to replace, was not insured and is offering a reward for information leading to its return in a similar condition.
He described the theft as “utterly, utterly wrong”.
You may also want to watch:
“I cannot understand why somebody would want to do it to somebody who is relying on it for their business,” he said.
His firm Brown’s Automotive also sees him work as a consultant to car businesses, but he said he needed the trailer to fulfill contracts with customers.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
He said: “It formed an integral part of my new employment being self-employed.”
The trailer model is Ifor Williams CT177 and the chassis number is SCK60000030397976.
Anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101, quoting reference BR15187.