Series of fires tackled throughout region
FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a series of blazes which broke out overnight.
At 12.40am, two fire crews from Haverhill were called to the town’s North Road after a car set alight.
The flames were battled and the incident was brought under control within 15 minutes.
Firecrews from Newmarket were then called to Doug Smith Close, Newmarket, to reports of a wheelie bin on fire.
After arriving at the scene at 3.20am, firefighters had tackled the blaze by 3.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, a crew from Thetford was called to a shed fire in Williamson Crescent at 11.28pm yesterday.
The flames had been brought under control with less than 10 minutes.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day