Serious accident closes road at Great Blakenham
- Credit: James Bass
Stowmarket Road in Great Blakenham was closed on Saturday night after a car left the road and crashed into a house.
The driver of the car suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital at Cambridge where her condition was said to be critical on Saturday night.
Police, fire appliances, ambulances and the air ambulance were called to the scene after the collision which happened shortly after 9pm on Saturday.
Only one vehicle was involved in the accident which closed the B1113 Stowmarket Road for some time during the evening.
A total of four fire appliances were called to the site from Ipswich, Needham Market and Stowmarket and they remained at the scene for some time.
You may also want to watch:
Although an air ambulance was called to the incident, the driver was taken to Addenbrooke’s by a road ambulance.
A police spokeswoman said the road was closed and there was not immediate indication of how long it would be before the B1113 was reopened to traffic because structural engineers were having to complete a survey of the damaged house before it could reopen to traffic.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism