Police cordon lifted at scene of ‘serious assault’ in Haverhill
- Credit: Archant
A cordon has been lifted on a crime scene in Haverhill after police responded to “serious assault”.
Officers were called to the scene, in Strasbourg Square, at around 6.40pm yesterday evening (Thursday, October 31).
A spokesman for Haverhill Police said: "A scene is currently in place in Strasbourg Square and we ask the public to avoid this area while we conduct our investigation."
They added: "To reassure the community, the victim's family is aware and we do not believe there to be a threat to the wider public."
Police said there had been comments on social media suggesting there had been a stabbing but have confirmed this is not the case.
You may also want to watch:
There has not been an update regarding the nature of the attack, or if anyone was injured.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 3 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 4 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault