Female pedestrian dies during car crash in Sudbury
A female pedestrian has died tonight during a collision with a car in a Suffolk town.
Emergency services, including an air ambulance, were called to the A131 Melford Road in Sudbury around 6.45pm.
The crash involved a female pedestrian and a black Vauxhall Corsa.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
The road remains closed between Abbey Road and Chaucer Road while police conduct a collision investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The East of England Ambulance Service was alerted to the collision at 6.43pm and sent two ambulance crews, a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance to the scene.
Any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact Suffolk Constabulary’s serious collision investigation team on 101 quoting reference CAD 343 of today.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Matchday Live: Bonne thumps Town ahead at Lincoln
- 5 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 6 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy