Man fighting for life after crash in busy road
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A pedestrian is fighting for his life following a serious crash in Lexden Road, Colchester, this morning.
The collision, which happened just before 2.35am, involved a silver Hyundai i30 and a pedestrian, a man in his 40s.
He has been taken to hospital with injuries that may be life-changing.
Police say he is in a critical but stable condition.
The driver of the Hyundai, a man in his 20s, remained at the scene after the crash and is assisting police with their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Rob Brettell, who works in the force’s serious collision investigation unit, tweeted at around 5am: “Currently at the scene of a serious injury collision in Lexden Road, Colchester with the Essex Roads Policing Unit – North.
“Pedestrian and a vehicle involved – were you in the area around 0235hrs? Have you got any dashcam?
- 1 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 2 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 6 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 10 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
“If so, please contact 101 – road is currently closed.”
The road has since re-opened, and Essex Police are appealing for witnesses.
Anyone who lives nearby, has CCTV or dashcam footage, is asked to call the serious collision investigation unit on 101 quoting 123 of Sunday, March 31.
Or, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.