Serious crash which left man with head injuries in Mendlesham Green sparks witness appeal
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A man in his 70s suffered serious internal head injuries when his car left the road and crashed into a ditch in mid Suffolk yesterday.
Police have issued an appeal for witnesses to the crash, which happened at around 12.45pm in Mendlesham Green and involved a black Renault Megane convertible.
The car was travelling northbound and left the road on a bend before coming to rest in a ditch opposite.
The driver was taken to hospital with serious internal head injuries.
Four fire engines from stations in Princes Street, Stowmarket and Elmswell and worked for over an hour to help free the man, who is thought to have become trapped in his vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses to the crash, and anyone who saw how the car was being driven before the collision happened should call the serious collision investigation team on 101 with information.
Callers should quote reference number CAD 153 of yesterday.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke