Delays of more than two hours expected where A12 meets M25 following serious road accident
Motorists have been warned of severe delays where the A12 joins the M25 due to emergency repair work taking place this evening.
Highways England has announced it is taking immediate action after the bridge at junction 28 – carrying the M25 over the A12 – was damaged when a van and two cars collided this morning.
The work is due to be completed by 7pm today, at the earliest, with congestion expected throughout tonight’s rush hour.
Motorists have been told to expect delays of two hours or more on approach to the junction.
Operatives have installed a concrete barrier to protect the area which was hit, and the M25 clockwise is closed through the junction.
You may also want to watch:
A short diversion is in place across the junction interchange.
Once the concrete barrier has been installed to fence off the hard shoulder, it will take six to eight weeks to finish permanent repairs. Some 28 feet of parapet was damaged in the incident, including two posts.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 4 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 7 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
Drivers are advised to check conditions before setting out and to allow extra time if they are using the junction while the closure is in place.