Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 6°C

min temp: -3°C

Search

Clacton family left homeless after devastating house fire

PUBLISHED: 21:51 23 September 2018 | UPDATED: 21:52 23 September 2018

The incident happened in Melbourne Road, Clacton Picture: GOOGLE MAPS

The incident happened in Melbourne Road, Clacton Picture: GOOGLE MAPS

GOOGLE MAPS

A family of four has been left without a place to live after a kitchen fire destroyed their flat.

Firefighters rushed to a property in Melbourne Road, Clacton, at roughly 3.30pm today after being alerted to a serious blaze in a first floor flat.

Two crews extinguished the fire by 4.02pm, before using thermal imaging cameras to ensure there were no remaining hotspots within the ceilings or internal walls of the building.

Unfortunately, due to the amount of smoke that accumulated within the flat, it has been completely destroyed.

Essex Fire and Rescue Service confirmed the blaze was caused by clothing material set alight by a hob which was briefly left unattended.

Most Read

Latest from the East Anglian Daily Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists