Clacton family left homeless after devastating house fire

The incident happened in Melbourne Road, Clacton Picture: GOOGLE MAPS

The incident happened in Melbourne Road, Clacton Picture: GOOGLE MAPS - Credit: GOOGLE MAPS

A family of four has been left without a place to live after a kitchen fire destroyed their flat.

Firefighters rushed to a property in Melbourne Road, Clacton, at roughly 3.30pm today after being alerted to a serious blaze in a first floor flat.

Two crews extinguished the fire by 4.02pm, before using thermal imaging cameras to ensure there were no remaining hotspots within the ceilings or internal walls of the building.

Unfortunately, due to the amount of smoke that accumulated within the flat, it has been completely destroyed.

Essex Fire and Rescue Service confirmed the blaze was caused by clothing material set alight by a hob which was briefly left unattended.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter