Serious road crash man dies in hospital
A MAN has died following a crash on the A14 at Coddenham.Geoffrey Keith Whittaker, 42, from London, died just before 7pm yesterday in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
A MAN has died following a crash on the A14 at Coddenham.
Geoffrey Keith Whittaker, 42, from London, died just before 7pm yesterday in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
He had suffered serious injuries in a road traffic collision close to the junction with the A140 at about 3.10pm on Sunday and was airlifted to hospital.
The silver grey Maserati he was driving had left the road and gone into a ditch off the Ipswich-bound carriageway. He had to be cut free from the vehicle and had sustained serious head injuries in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
A woman also in the car sustained comparatively minor injuries and was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
Police are renewing appeals for any witnesses to the collision and would also like to hear from anyone who may have seen the Maserati prior to the crash.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
If you can help call Pc Paul Carr at the serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.