‘Serious’ sexual assault in Layer Road, Colchester
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2012
Officers are investigating reports that a woman was sexually assaulted in Colchester in the early hours of this morning, Essex Police have said.
Police said they were called to reports of a “serious” sexual assault in Layer Road at around 3.30am.
The woman was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Officers have launched an investigation and have urged witnesses to come forward.
A police cordon was put in place in an area of Layer Road on Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police said on Sunday morning: “Police are investigating reports of a serious sexual assault in Layer Road, Colchester.
“A woman was taken to hospital with minor injuries at 3.30am on Sunday, October 1.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 6 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 7 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
“Investigations are ongoing. If you witnessed anything around this time in this area, please call 101, quoting incident 186 of October 1.”