Seven arrested after armed brawl
- Credit: Archant
Seven people have been arrested after a mass brawl - with police believing one of the suspects may have been brandishing a gun.
Essex Police were called at around 1.40pm on Monday after receiving reports of altercations between several people in both Clarkes Road and Harcourt Avenue in Harwich.
Police said suspects in the brawl were thought to be carrying weapons, including a knife, axe and firearm.
Armed officers attended the scene and police used a drone to locate a 16-year-old boy, who was arrested on suspicion of affray.
Police then executed a number of warrants and arrested four boys, aged 14, 15 and 16, as well as a 19-year-old woman and a 21-year-old man.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have asked residents in the area to check their gardens for discarded weapons.
Anyone with information relating to the incident is urged to contact Essex Police, quoting incident 556 of Monday, May 4.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 4 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 9 Matchday live: Bonne misses golden chance as Owls take half-time lead
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes