Seven at court for 170-plus offences
Seven men were due to appear for sentencing at Ipswich's crown court today in relation to more than 170 thefts or attempted break ins.
IPSWICH: Seven men were due to appear for sentencing at the town's crown court today in relation to more than 170 thefts or attempted break ins.
The defendants, who are all from Ipswich, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to steal at an earlier hearing. The offences took place across Suffolk and into parts of Essex and Norfolk.
Timay Denton, 21, of Jovian Way, and Tyren Brooks, of Elliott Street, admitted offences in Suffolk and Essex.
Daniel Fiddes, 18, of Star Lane; Paul Stevenson, 23, of Wellington Street; Daniel Pugh, 18, of Spring Road; Tom Nicholls, 18, of Bull Road; and Paul Watchman, 24, of HMP Prison Wayland; pleaded guilty to conspiracy to steal in all three counties.
You may also want to watch:
The seven were due to be sentenced last month but their counsel contested an attempt to add the words “and burgle” to the indictment. This would have made the maximum sentence potentially 14 years in jail instead of seven.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light