Seven days out in Suffolk and north Essex this weekend
- Credit: Archant � 2004
Your weekend inspiration is here – these events are all taking place on November 18 and 19.
Ipswich’s Prolific Architects at Ipswich Record Office
The Ipswich Record Office holds an extensive collection of the architect’s firm of Cautley and Barefoot, and its successors, which practised in Ipswich for most of the 20th Century.
You may also want to watch:
Archivist Hilary Ritchie who has catalogued the collection will give an illustrated talk about their work.
Their work included churches, public buildings, private homes and lots more.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
Lavenham Literary Festival
Get involved with the Lavenham Literary Festival this weekend.
Clare Mulley returns to Lavenham to talk about her latest book The Woman Who Flew for Hitler.
The book tells the story of two female German flying aces in the Second World War; one of them a devout Nazi, the other of Jewish blood.
The event will be held at the Lavenham village Hall.
Christmas Craft and Gift Fair
Bury St Edmunds
The Athenaeum in Bury St Edmunds is holding its annual Christmas craft and gift fair this Sunday.
The event runs from 10am-4.30pm and there are lots of stalls for you to look at.
It is your chance to grab some unique Christmas presents for your loved ones.
This popular fair also has free admission.
Woodbridge Mind Body Spirit Festival
Are you overdue a relaxing weekend? Well now is your chance.
Life Arts is providing a weekend packed with therapies, meditation space, spiritual guidance, and more.
Pop down to the Woodbridge Community Hall to enjoy one of the treatments.
The weekend is also raising money for the Oxfam Shop in Woodbridge.
Stargazing at Abberton
Watch the stars with a loved one this Saturday at the Abberton Reservoir Visitor Centre.
The event is being hosted by Essex Wildlife Trust and North Essex Astronomical Society who will supply large telescopes for you to gaze into.
The event will run whatever the weather however if it is cloudy views will be limited through the scopes.
You must book yourself a place on the course to do so call 01206 738172.
Lowestoft Christmas Lights Switch On
The event takes place in the town centre from 3pm to 6pm.
Families will be able to enjoy the Santa Bus, a funfair and food and drink stalls.
Lowestoft Vision is giving one lucky family the chance to turn on the Christmas lights at 5pm.
To be in with a chance enter the Find the Christmas Elves competition.
Festival of Cultures
Travel the world in just one day with the free Festival of Cultures.
Hear the best of Africa with the African drumming workshop, experience the art of India through silk painting and lots more.
From food tasting, performances and dancing you will be spoilt for choice.
The festival will be held at the Anglia Ruskin University Campus.