Seven hundred sausage dogs take a stroll around Southwold
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Organisers of the the popular Southwold Sausage Walk said they were "overwhelmed" with the turn out on Sunday and believe they had a record number of dachshunds taking part.
Sausage dogs from Scotland, Kent, and London, made the trip to the picturesque Suffolk seaside town to take part in the first of the popular walks since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
Organiser Stuart McBurney said "the people of Southwold love it".
He added: "A lot of work goes on behind the scenes but it is so worthwhile when you see people's faces."
Mr McBurney is confident the walk is now the biggest of its kind in Europe, and he even got his father Mac McBurney involved counting the 700 dachshunds over the start line.
You may also want to watch:
The walk started from Southwold Harbour and couldn't be missed thanks to a giant inflatable sausage dog that marked the start - the inflatable was provided by Suffolk pet foods business owners, and sausage walk supporters, Mr and Mrs Skinner from Stradbroke Mill.
Each Southwold sausage dog walks raises money for charity; Dedicated to Dachshunds with IVDD.
Do you think your dog deserves to be crowned 'Pet of The Year'? Find out about the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star competition here.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
See more photographs from Southwold Sausage walk below.