Seven weekend events taking place in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Unsure on what to do this weekend? Check out our guide for inspiration, here is what’s happening January 13 and 14.
Little Bealings Village Hall, Woodbridge
Puzzle House Pantomimes returns to Little Bealings for the seventh time to present a traditional family pantomime based on the story of Cinderella.
Take part in solving puzzles, singing songs and helping make sure that Cinderella’s dreams are not destroyed.
The show begins at 3pm and tickets are £7.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 10 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
For more information call 01379 384656.
Trevor Clifford Exhibiton
Naze Visitor Centre, Walton-on-the-Naze
An exhibition of photographs by local wildlife photographer Trevor Clifford will be on display in the Visitor Centre.
Trevor Clifford is an award winning photographer and all pictures displayed will be available to buy.
While you are there enjoy a cup of tea and a slice of cake with your loved ones.
For more details call 01255 679379.
It came from the noughties
Celebrate the Chelmsford music scene of the noughties at a gig featuring five fantastic live bands.
The line up includes Jez Kemp, The White Gospel, Ghostwood Shanks, Mandeville, and The Lemoncurd Kids.
Entry costs £5 and all proceeds will be going to Amnesty International.
Abberton Reservoir, Colchester
If you enjoy bird watching then this event is for you.
Get out and about on the nature reserve and around the reservoir to see how many birds you can identify.
There will be experts to help you with your basic identification skills.
Theatre Royal, Bury St Edmunds
January 13 and 14
This weekend is your last chance to see Dick Whittington at the Theatre Royal.
Head down to Bury St Edmunds to watch one of the most loved stories of all time.
Packed with magic, music, fun, and laughter.
Glemham Hall Wedding open day
Glemham Hall, Woodbridge
Are you getting married in 2018? If so make sure you check out Glemham Hall’s wedding open day this weekend.
There will be wedding planners, Suffolk’s finest suppliers and special offers.
Enjoy the beautiful surroundings as you wander the gardens, hall and marquee.
Sunday Stroll at High Woods Country Park
If your New Year’s resolution is to be more active this is the perfect event for you.
High Woods Country Park is hosting a three-mile walk this weekend.
The walk will be led by a volunteer ranger and there will be tea and coffee on offer afterwards.
For more information call 01206 853588.