Severe rail delays after Colchester signal box evacuated
- Credit: Archant
All train services travelling through Colchester are facing severe disruption after the fire alarm was activated in a signal box.
All services north of Marks Tey towards Colchester, Clacton on Sea, Ipswich and Norwich and on the following lines are disrupted until the box re-opens.
The following services have also been affected:
Colchester-Colchester Town, Clacton on Sea, Walton on the Naze
Manningtree- Harwich Town
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich - Felixstowe, Lowestoft, Cambridge and Peteborough
Norwich - Sheringham. Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth and Cambridge
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
Fire crews are at the scene to investigate the cause of the alarm.
Both Abellio Greater Anglia and Network Rail have apologised for the disruption to services.
For information on its delay repay policy, visit http://www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk/about-us/our-performance/delay-repay