Sex assault case to go to crown court
MAGISTRATES today transferred the case of a man accused of indecently assaulting girls to the crown court.Nicholas Gill, 35, of The Street in Barrow, faces two counts of sexually touching girls under the age of 13.
MAGISTRATES today transferred the case of a man accused of indecently assaulting girls to the crown court.
Nicholas Gill, 35, of The Street in Barrow, faces two counts of sexually touching girls under the age of 13.
The first is alleged to have happened in Bury St Edmunds on April 1 this year and the second sometime between January 1 and December 31, 2006.
The Crown Prosecution Service has dropped three charges of sexual touching against Gill. Those charges related to alleged incidents in Newmarket and Bury.
You may also want to watch:
Appearing before magistrates in Bury, Gill's case was committed to Ipswich Crown Court for August 15 for a preliminary hearing. He was released on conditional bail until that then.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police