Share your experiences of booking appointments at GP surgeries in Suffolk
- Credit: Getty Images/Wavebreak Media
As new research reveals just 50% of patients in Suffolk are happy with the way they book GP appointments, we are asking readers to share their views.
According to a study carried out by Healthwatch Suffolk, out of 708 comments provided to the watchdog about experiences of booking an appointment, 50% are positive, 44% are negative and 6% were neutral.
Examples of negative feedback included concerns about waiting in telephone queues – one respondent said they called 70 times between 7.58am and 8.05am before getting through to a receptionist.
Others raised fears about the availability of appointments and waiting times.
However, the report also suggests that 88% of people surveyed in both the Ipswich and East Suffolk and West Suffolk CCG areas were successful in getting an appointment at their GP surgery.
You may also want to watch:
This is slightly higher than the national average.
Now we are calling on readers to share their experiences of booking appointments – positive or negative – at GP surgeries in Suffolk.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
- 10 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
Do you also find it frustrating to get through on the telephone? Or have you had a particularly good experience at a Suffolk surgery?
• Send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the Google form above.