Sharp frost and ice expected across East Anglia this weekend – but there is ‘little’ chance of snow
Forecasters estimate temperatures will drop to at least -3C (26F).
Isolated showers on the coast are the region’s only chance of seeing snow this weekend – and Weatherquest forecasters have said we shouldn’t get our hopes up.
Most areas will see temperatures drop as low as -4C (24F) over the next two nights. Road users should be aware of increased stopping distances in icy conditions.
And these figures are unlikely to climb until Sunday, where we can expect temperatures of -1C (30F) or above – but sharp frosts are still likely.
A spokesman for the organisation said: “There is little chance of snow, but temperatures will fall quite dramatically. We are seeing a period of bitter coldness with hard frosts and low readings, so we’d advise the public to wrap up warm and be careful on the roads.”
You may also want to watch:
Is it frosty where you are? Share your pictures with us by emailing them to email@example.com.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away