Shed catches fire in Essex after mirror reflects heat
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze involving a shed this afternoon after a mirror reflected sunlight and caused it to ignite.
The incident took place in Back Lane, Stisted, near Braintree, just after midday and crews from Braintree and Halstead were called after a neighbour noticed smoke.
On arrival firefighters reported that the building, which measures around 10 metres by six metres and is positioned close to a two-storey home, was completely alight.
The fire had also spread to an adjacent fence - around six metres of which was alight.
Crews worked hard to restrict damage to the nearby property and were able to extinguish the fire completely by 1.40pm.
The shed was been badly damaged.
Essex Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was caused after a mirror, which had been left in direct sunlight, reflected heat onto the shed’s awning and caused it to ignite.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern