Fire crews respond to building ’100% alight’
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews are responding to a blaze at an outbuilding in Colchester which is ‘100% alight’.
Two pumps are responding to the fire in Sheepen Road in the Essex town.
The fire service were called shortly before 8.30pm to reports that an outbuilding was on fire and locals have since reported seeing smoke billowing into the sky.
On arrival the crews discovered the building was “100% alight” and saw that the blaze had spread to neighbouring fencing and bushes.
Firefighters remain on scene.
You may also want to watch:
There have been reports that the fire was at the Colchester Institute but they have not been confirmed.
An Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson, said: “Firefighters were called to Sheepen Road, Colchester at 8:28pm.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 5 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 6 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 7 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 8 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 9 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 10 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
“On arrival, two crews from Colchester confirmed that one outbuilding, measuring approximately 15m x 15m, was 100% alight and the fire had spread to nearby fences and bushes.
“Crews are currently working to extinguish the fire.”