Shields faces a month on the sidelines
LAKESIDE Hammers captain Adam Shields faces up to a month on the sidelines after breaking his collarbone in last night's World Cup Race Off in Poland.The Australian will know next Tuesday whether he will require an operation to speed up the healing process.
LAKESIDE Hammers captain Adam Shields faces up to a month on the sidelines after breaking his collarbone in last night's World Cup Race Off in Poland.
The Australian will know next Tuesday whether he will require an operation to speed up the healing process.
Hammers team manager Jon Cook said: “Very obviously this is a huge blow to both Adam and the club. We will have to operate rider replacement in his absence and his drop to third in the averages makes that a real challenge to still achieve results.
“But I am sure we will see the rest of the team stepping up to that challenge. We have set our hearts on a play-off place and we have some room for error in the run-in thanks to our last few away meeting results and, with Adam's record of being a quick healer, we would expect to be able to keep our aspirations alive until he returns.”
You may also want to watch:
Hammers are next in action at the Arena-Essex Raceway next Monday, July 20, when they take on last season's league champions Poole Pirates (7.30pm) in the Elite League.
The Royal Navy will be providing their support for this meeting once again. Children up to the age of 16 will be allowed into this important match free of charge.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches