Shock at tragic death of allergic reaction teenager
TRIBUTES have been paid to an “extremely popular” teenager who enjoyed caring for others after she died suddenly following an apparent allergic reaction.
Poppy Harvey, 19, of New Quay Lane, Woodbridge, passed away on Sunday.
The teenager, who was set to study medicine at Brighton University later this year, suffered the reaction while working at the town’s Grove Court care home in Beech Way.
Despite the best efforts of paramedics it is understood she suffered a severe reaction and passed away at Ipswich Hospital.
Poppy, who would have been 20 next month , is believed to have attended Aylesbury High School in Buckinghamshire and had been studying bio-medical sciences at St George’s, University of London.
You may also want to watch:
She had done so well that she was due to transfer to Brighton University to study medicine in September.
She worked at Grove Court - which is run by Elizabeth Finn Homes Ltd - as a care assistant while on holiday from university.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
Commenting on her job on social networking site Facebook she said: “I look after some wonderful, fascinating people. I love it.”
Carolynne Miller, chief executive of Elizabeth Finn Homes Ltd, said everyone had been left devastated at Poppy’s sudden death.
“Poppy worked for us for over a year during her breaks from university and was extremely popular with all the staff and residents,” she said.
“I would like to extend sincere condolences to her family and friends at this tragic time.”
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed yesterday that paramedics attended Beech Way in Woodbridge at 5.42pm on Sunday.
She said they received a report that a 19-year-old female had suffered an allergic reaction and was short of breath.
She was treated with adrenaline and claramorphine and taken to Ipswich Hospital by paramedics.
Police confirmed yesterday that an inquest looking into the circumstances of her death had been opened and adjourned for a later late.