Shocking video shows car driver swerving to hit cyclist in Colchester
- Credit: RELEASED BY ESSEX POLICE
A man has admitted knocking a cyclist off his bike during a hit-and-run collision in Colchester.
The crash – which was captured on a dash-cam – happened at around midday on Friday, May 13, 2016.
The victim, a man in his 30s, was cycling in North Station Road with a friend when a Ford Mondeo braked heavily close by at which point the victim gestured at the driver.
The motorist then swerved into the victim, causing him to fall off his bike, before driving off from the scene.
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment but was not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car, Ashley Wallace Merrett, 30, of Mumford Close, West Bergholt, was arrested later that day.
He was then charged in June.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
Appearing at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday, Wallace Merrett pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, actual bodily harm and common assault.
He is due to be sentenced in February.