Shocking video shows car driver swerving to hit cyclist in Colchester
- Credit: RELEASED BY ESSEX POLICE
A man has admitted knocking a cyclist off his bike during a hit-and-run collision in Colchester.
The crash – which was captured on a dash-cam – happened at around midday on Friday, May 13, 2016.
The victim, a man in his 30s, was cycling in North Station Road with a friend when a Ford Mondeo braked heavily close by at which point the victim gestured at the driver.
The motorist then swerved into the victim, causing him to fall off his bike, before driving off from the scene.
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment but was not seriously injured.
The driver of the car, Ashley Wallace Merrett, 30, of Mumford Close, West Bergholt, was arrested later that day.
He was then charged in June.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 7 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 8 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 9 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 10 'A really strong side' - Manning praises Town after defeat
Appearing at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday, Wallace Merrett pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, actual bodily harm and common assault.
He is due to be sentenced in February.