Shoreham crash tribute among fan photos from Town v Brighton match
Brighton’s travelling supporters paid their own tribute to those who died in the Shoreham airshow tragedy at yesterday’s game against Ipswich Town.
The crash, which claimed 11 lives on August 22, happened only 12 miles from where the Seagulls play their home fixtures.
Fans displayed their sympathies by holding up a banner in the away section at Portman Road, commemorating the lives lost on the south coast.
The image was among those taken by our photographer Simon Parker during the game.
Thousands of people in communities touched by the Shoreham air crash gathered at memorial events one week on from the disaster.
A minute’s silence was observed at 1.20pm yesterday, the time last Saturday when the vintage Hawker Hunter jet crashed on the busy A27 in West Sussex.
You may also want to watch:
A mass balloon release was held in Littlehampton.
And despite light showers large crowds last night with tealights to create a striking “bridge of light” across the Adur Ferry Bridge.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?