Shotgun stolen during burglary
POLICE have appealed for help from the public after a shotgun was stolen during a burglary.
The incident happened at a property in Shelland on Monday and police are investigating reports that a man was spotted acting suspiciously nearby.
At some point between 8.10am and 6pm the house was burgled and the shotgun taken.
Then, at about 2.45pm, a man was seen acting strangely in Rattlesden. When challenged, he claimed to be looking for his dog.
The man is described as being white, about 5ft 8ins tall, in his mid-to-late 20s and of a slim build. He was wearing a grey hooded top, black shell bottoms and white trainers and police are keen to trace him.
You may also want to watch:
The weapon was later recovered from a property in Ipswich.
Officers believe the same people that committed the Shelland break-in also burgled a house in Bury Road, Wortham on Monday afternoon.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 6 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 7 Town considering move for Birmingham striker Cosgrove
- 8 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 9 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
Suspects forced the lock of a door and searched the property but nothing was taken.
Anyone with information about these incidents can speak to Detective Constable Seb Pollard of West Suffolk CID on 01284 774100 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.