Shotley: Teenager arrested after weaving through traffic on bike
- Credit: Archant
A TEENAGER has been arrested after “weaving in and out of traffic” on his push bike which caused a motorist to crash.
Police have arrested a 17-year-old, from Ipswich, on suspicion of causing danger to road users. He is being questioned at Martlesham police investigation centre.
The incident happened at around 9.40am in Shotley this morning. A driver was treated for shock following a single-vehicle collision.
Only minor damage to the vehicle was sustained and no injuries were reported.
A police spokesman said the teenager was “weaving in and out of traffic” on his push bike.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman confirmed a police helicopter was dispatched to assist with the incident.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 6 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee