Sicklesmere: Schoolboy disturbs burglars in his home
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after two two men were disturbed while burgling a home.
The incident happened at around 3.30pm yesterday when a 12-year-old boy returned from school to his home in Sudbury Road, Sicklesmere, and discovered the pair.
The men left and it was found that the house had been broken into and jewellery had been stolen.
One man was white, 5ft 7ins to 5ft 9ins tall, of average build and in his mid 20s, had a scruffy appearance and wore dark clothing.
The second man was white and of a similar age, height and build.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call DS Tamlyn Burgess at Bury St Edmunds CID on 101.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 10 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich