Sicklesmere: Van and lorry collide on A134
FIRE crews have been called to cut the roof off a van involved in a collision with a lorry near Bury St Edmunds.
Police received reports of the collision at 10.25am on the A134 in Sicklesmere.
Ambulance staff are concerned that a man in the van may have spinal injuries.
The fire service are on their way to cut the roof off the vehicle.
The collision was between a red Daf lorry and a white Mercedes Sprinter van.
The incident, which happened outside the post office, has caused the road to be closed in both directions.
Diversions are in place: southbound via Hawstead Lane and northbound via Bradfield St George.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 5 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 6 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-0 Bolton loss
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 McKenna on Walton, Bonne and signing a new defender after Nsiala exit
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton