Signalling fault causes delays on trains in north Essex
- Credit: Su Anderson
Some rail services running between Harwich and Manningtree are being delayed this morning because of a signalling fault.
A failure of a track circuit, which shows signallers where trains are on the railway, has caused problems for trains running on the branch line to the coast.
Operator Abellio Greater Anglia said as a result of the problem between Mistley and Wrabness some trains would have to be terminated short of their destination.
A replacement bus services has been laid on to take passengers the rest of the way.
Others are being forced to run at reduced speeds or are being cancelled completely because of the issue.
You may also want to watch:
The disruption, which is causing delays of around 30 minutes to some other services, is expected to last until 10am.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Body found in the River Orwell
- 7 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 8 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 9 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash