More rail problems as train signalling fault causes severe disruption
- Credit: Archant
Greater Anglia announced just after 6.30am this morning that rural routes across Norfolk and Suffolk would be disrupted.
Services to and from Cambridge, Felixstowe, Great Yarmouth, Ipswich, Norwich, Lowestoft and Sheringham are affected.
The train line confirmed that some lines will be blocked and there is no warning yet of how long the problem will continue but some are estimated to last until at least the end of the day.
Network Rail engineers are working to restore the services but passengers have been advised to check the Greater Anglia website before travelling to avoid delays.
Several rail placement buses will be in operation to replace cancelled trains.
You may also want to watch:
Services on the main lines between Norwich and London appear to be operating normally.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad