Silver End: Woman freed from two-vehicle crash wreckage by firefighters taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A woman freed by firefighters from the wreckage of a two-vehicle crash was taken to hospital in north-east Essex.
Police and emergency crews were called to Boars Tye Road, Silver End, near Braintree at around 8am today.
Fire crews freed a female driver from a Ford Fiesta involved in the accident before she was taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford with leg injuries, according to an Essex Police spokesman.
No other injuries were reported, the force spokesman added.
The road was closed between Links Road and Egypt Farm before reopening at 10.40am.
You may also want to watch:
A Fiat Punto was also involved in the collision.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder