Teenager faces jail over sexual assault
- Credit: ARCHANT
A teenager who sexually assaulted a woman in Bury St Edmunds is facing a custodial sentence when he is sentenced next week.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Friday for a plea and trial preparation hearing was 19-year-old Sinan Mehmedov, of no fixed address, who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a 25-year-old woman in Cullum Road between 4am and 4.15am on Sunday, June 3.
Mehmedov is said to have touched the woman’s breasts under her clothing and caused her to touch his penis during the attack.
Andrew Thompson, prosecuting, said the plea to the charge was on a full facts basis.
He said the complainant had made a victim impact statement but it was unlikely she would want to attend the sentencing hearing next week.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Kelly, for Mehmedov, said he wasn’t seeking a pre-sentence report to be prepared in his client.
Judge Rupert Overbury remanded Mehmedov in custody until his sentencing hearing on October 25.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke