‘Thank you for giving so generously’ - Suffolk choir raises hundreds for brain tumour charity
- Credit: PAT WALLACE
A Suffolk community choir’s “very successful” summer concert has raised more than £600 to help people living with brain tumours.
Sing Out Yoxford’s recent fundraiser for Brainstrust was held at St Peter’s Church in the village - with a repeat performance to take place at Wenhaston church this Saturday.
The choir, led by musical director Gretel Dowdeswell, a founder member of the Gould Piano Trio, gave a varied performance including choral pieces, a song from My Fair Lady and a Noel Coward rendition of I Went to a Marvellous Party.
Other pieces featured a selection of English baroque trumpet performances and a number from Godspell.
A choir spokesman said the event was “very successful”.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to say a big ‘thank you’ to our super audience for giving so generously,” the spokesman added.
Saturday’s repeat performance starts at 7.30pm and is free to attend.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 7 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 8 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards