Sir Bobby buried at private service
FAMILY and friends of Sir Bobby Robson today paid their final respects as he was laid to rest during a private funeral.
FAMILY and friends of Sir Bobby Robson yesterday paid their final respects as he was laid to rest during a private funeral.
The service was held in the North East and attended by the former Ipswich and England manager's widow, Elsie, and their three sons, Andrew, Paul and Mark.
Other relatives and close friends were also in attendance as Sir Bobby was laid to rest following his death at his County Durham home last week.
Lady Robson was said to be overwhelmed by tributes and messages of condolence after her husband's long public battle with cancer came to an end at the age of 76.
You may also want to watch:
A statement released by his family said: “Arrangements for the thanksgiving service in celebration of Sir Bobby's life will be announced in due course.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid