Six car crash causes travel misery for motorists
UP to six cars were involved in an accident on the A14 this morning - causing travel misery for motorists.
The accident happened at 8.12am on the westbound carriageway, just before the Orwell Bridge at Nacton.
Police officers at the scene immediately closed the outside lane.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said two vehicles had collided but it appeared up to six vehicles were involved in the crash, which was described as a “shunt”.
She said one of the vehicles, a Ford KA, had been damaged but it was not thought anyone was badly injured.
You may also want to watch:
However, the effects of the accident caused major delays along the eastern arterial routes into Ipswich during the busy rush hour period.
Drivers reported heavy delays along Foxhall Road, Felixstowe Road and Nacton Road as the backlog of diverted traffic filtered into town at a snail’s pace.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
The outside lane of the carriageway was reopened shortly before 10am.