Six charged following alleged fracas at caravan site
SIX people have today been charged in connection with a disturbance on the outskirts of Ipswich.
The five men and one woman were arrested after police were called to West Meadows.
The arrests occurred after an alleged fracas, which was said to involve around a dozen people.
A strong police presence, including eight police cars and a number of unmarked vehicles, was sent to the site, which is opposite Asda in Goddard Road .
Martin Mongan, 35, and Michael Mongan, 32, both of West Meadows, Ipswich, have been charged with threatening behaviour and remanded in custody to appear at the South East Suffolk Magistrates Court today.
You may also want to watch:
Fours other have been released on bail to appear at before the magistrates on November 15.
William Harbour, 25, of West Meadows, and Anthony Smith, 24, of Commonfield Lane, Barkham, have both been charged with threatening behaviour, while Luke Rankin, 18, of West Meadows, has been charged with common assault on a police officer and threatening behaviour , and Tammy Smith, 20, of West Meadows, has been charged with disorderly conduct.
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich