Six days out in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: cont
Your weekend inspiration is here – these events are all taking place on November 11 and 12.
Discover Newmarket Short Head Tour
Newmarket Town Centre
Spend the morning visiting the gallops, a trainer’s yard and the National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art or the National Stud.
You may also want to watch:
You will have the opportunity to see your favourite stars and meet the team behind the scenes.
The event is on from 9am until 1pm.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
Tenebrae at Snape Maltings
Snape Maltings Concert Hall
Enjoy a concert of remembrance with friends and family.
It will be an evening of Great War commemorations, songs of remembrance, and hymns.
You can view the programme and book tickets online.
Armistice Day at Colchester Town Centre
Colchester Town Hall
Take part in the national two minutes’ silence to commemorate Armistice Day at Colchester Town Hall.
The Mayor and Mayoress of Colchester will be there, councillors Gerard and Beverley Oxford.
The Royal British Legion and Garrison representation will gather at the Town Hall at 10.45am and then at 11am The Band of The Parachute Regiment will play the Last Post and Reveille to mark the end of the silence. For more information visit the website.
Limitless dance classes for seven to ten year-olds
Henry Samuel Hall in Chelmsford
Do your children spend too much time staring at screens? Here is a chance for them to have an active weekend instead.
A dance class for children aged 7-10 is being held this Saturday at the Henry Samuel Hall in Chelmsford.
The classes hope to build confidence, enhance co-ordination skills and improve concentration.
Bury St Edmunds Farmers’ Market
Over 30 of the region’s finest local producers will gather in Bury town centre.
Choose from organic meat, homemade pies, freshly baked bread, Suffolk coffee and vegetarian and gluten-free options.
Entry is free and the market will take place every second Sunday of each month.
The Vet Show
Ipswich Veterinary Centre
Head down to The Vet Show to take a look behind the scenes and get advice from experienced veterinary professionals.
The day will be full of informative talks, exhibits, displays and live demonstrations.
Tickets for the show are free you can register online now to save time on the day.