Thatch roof fire in Stoke-by-Nayland started from light fitting fault in upstairs bathroom
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Firefighters were called to a thatch fire in picture postcard Stoke-by-Nayland.
Fire crews from Suffolk and Essex have been called, with eight crews called to tackle the flames.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said crews were called shortly after 8.15am to a home in Scotland Street, where a thatch roof was alight.
The spokeswoman added: “The fire started in the upstairs bathroom of the property and was under control just after 9am.
“Fire crews are removing the ceiling in the bathroom of the property, and damping down of the thatch around the fire is in progress.”
It is understood a light fitting issue was the cause of the fire.
It is not thought that anyone has been injured.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
A Suffolk police spokesman said officers had been called to assist with traffic management in the area.