Thatched roof fire breaks out in Suffolk village
- Credit: Ixworth Fire station
Fire crews attended a thatched roof fire at a two storey home near Diss last night.
Crews were called to reports of a thatched fire just before 7pm Thursday at a property in the High Street in Thelnetham.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: "The property is two storey and it was around two metres of the chimney that was alight.
"There were six pumping appliances and three hose reels to tackle the fire.
"Crews also needed to gain access to the roof in order to strip the thatch that was around the chimney."
You may also want to watch:
A stop call was made just after 10pm.
Initially 10 crews from Woodbridge, Bury St Edmunds, Ixworth, Newmarket, Diss and Thetford were dispatched but four crews were stood down.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 9 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
It is not yet understood how the fire started.
Everyone was able to evacuate the house and no injuries were reported.